Swim England Water Polo Leadership Group: Volunteer Volunteering Lead
Organisation: Swim England
Contract Type: Voluntary
Qualifications: No minimum / required qualifications
Working Hours: Part time
Closing Date: 12 August 2019 23:59
Swim England is seeking a Volunteering Lead to join the team on a voluntary basis.
- Are you passionate about water polo and want to contribute to its future direction?
- Do you have knowledge and experience of sports pathways from grassroots to elite?
- Do you have broad experience of club and competition environments?
Yes? Then Swim England is currently in search of people just like you to join the Water Polo Leadership Group as its new leads for Technical Officials, Competition Planning and Volunteering.
In the Swim England governance structure the Water Polo Leadership Group reports directly into the Sport Operations Committee (SOC). It has a wide brief that includes overseeing the effective delivery of the water polo pathway from grassroots through to the elite programmes, ensuring a seamless transition for all participants. It will also provide direction on the development of the sport from clubs through to Regions, as well as guidance and input into the annual implementation plans in place to deliver the Swim England strategy.
The Discipline Leadership Groups are formed of five core volunteer members, with scope to recruit additional roles if deemed necessary, as well as a member of SOC and relevant Swim England staff members.
Following a recent review to the format of the Leadership Groups this is an exciting time for committed individuals to join the Water Polo Leadership Group and help to drive the sport forward.
You will bring knowledge of sport development, water polo and being able to act independently with impartiality.
- Have an open mind, be willing to listen and consider the views and needs of others, whilst constructively challenging the status quo.
- Show a commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Be able to commit to attending meetings and being an active member of the committee.
- Have a strong understanding of the relevant areas for the role.
Please see the full person specification and Terms of Reference for further details.
How to apply
To apply please provide a written statement outlining how you meet the personal specification to Sian Breen via this page.
Applications after the closing date will not be considered.
Interview date: Interviews will take place during September 2019.