Opportunity: Communications Lead (Voluntary) - Swim England Water Polo Leadership Group
Location: Home based
Closing Date: 26 Jun 2022
Swim England is striving to
- create a happier, healthier and more successful nation through swimming and aquatic activity.
- inspire everyone to enjoy the water in the way that suits them.
As the recognised national governing body for swimming, artistic swimming, diving and water polo in England, Swim England helps people learn how to swim, enjoy the water safely, and compete in all our sports. Swim England is an incorporated organisation with charitable status.
Volunteers form the backbone and heart of our Swim England family. They support our clubs, events and programmes across the country and they help ensure our aquatic sports grow and thrive. Volunteers are Swim England's biggest asset and their contribution is invaluable.
To find out more about volunteering for Swim England, please visit their volunteering page.
About The Role
Swim England are looking to appoint a Communications Lead to join the Water Polo Leadership Group on a voluntary basis to further develop and drive forward the sport of Water Polo.
The Communications Lead acts as an informed voice in relation to engaging with the Water Polo community through digital means. The role will provide input and advice on formulating relevant and contextual messaging based on the priorities of the sport and supporting the professional team to engage with the community.
The Communications lead will support the planning of regular communication to the Water Polo community and aquatics and work proactively to support the Swim England Sport Development Directorate and Communications Team.
Your specific responsibilities will be:
- Main point of contact for the Swim England Communications Team and Swim England Sport Development Directorate on Water Polo communication matters
- To provide Water Polo specific information relevant to the Swim England Communications Team in a timely manner to support raising the profile of the sport or the group’s work.
- To consult with the Swim England Communications team on delivering specific messaging relevant to Water Polo and the group’s work
- Work with the Swim England Events team to raise awareness of Water Polo events
To find out more about this voluntary role, download the full role description and terms of reference for the group.
This is an unpaid voluntary role, however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with Swim England's expenses policy.
Swim England are looking to engage a volunteer who has experience of or a passion for:
- Developing engaging messaging to promote Water Polo and Swim England
- Working with multiple teams to ensure messaging is appropriate and relevant for the Water Polo community
- Keeping up to date with current trends and social platforms and using these to effectively deliver messaging
- Providing direction and leadership to the Water Polo communication plan.
Previous experience / knowledge of media messaging would be advantageous.
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this voluntary position then Swim England would like to hear from you.
Swim England is committed to
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
- inclusion and embraces the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible Swim England will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Download Job Description