Job: Head Swimming Coach, Sherborne Storm Swimming Club
- Organisation: Sherborne Storm Swimming Club
- Contract Type: Self-Employed
- Qualifications: Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching (QCF)
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award in British Open Water Swimming
- Working Hours: Part time
- Location: Sherborne
- Salary: £7,000
- Closing Date: 17 September 2021 23:59
Sherborne Storm Swimming Club is looking for a head coach to join their team.
Are you an inspirational person looking for a new challenge . A young coach who wishes to develop or an experienced coach who may have retired and looking to get back into coaching or simply a coach who is currently a volunteer and wants to move into a paid self employed part time role in a small club?
Sherborne Storm is seeking a new Head Coach (part-time 10 hours a week) who will support and assist the Club in its post Covid rebuilding and its aim to re-establish itself as a competitive club that welcomes swimmers across all abilities and ages. With this goal in mind the Club is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and committed Head Coach who can lead our coaching and teaching team with an aim to build the club to County, Regional and National level over the next 3 years .
Sherborne Storm is a small club which covers multi sport needs examples triathletes, biathletes fitness and competitive swimming. As Head Coach you will have the opportunity to guide, support and develop an aquatics development pathway that will help the Club re-establish itself. The Club currently trains at Leweston School , Sherborne DT9 6EN, 5 evenings for a total 8.5 hours a week. The Head Coach would be expected to attend 4 of the 5 sessions a total of 7 hours with 3 hours a week for planning.
Reporting to the Club Management Committee the Head Coach would be asked for input on the direction and strategy of the club. The successful candidate will lead and develop the team of volunteer teachers and coaches and will be expected to plan, teach, and coach across all the Club squads.
- Ideally hold a Swim England Swimming Coach/UKCC Level 2 Coaching qualification (RPL or working to towards it or show experience to achive Level 2 to be paid by the club ).
- Be skills-focused with the ability to apply and share technical knowledge
- Excellent time management, organisation, communication and administration skills
- Able to work with and encourage swimmers at all levels to ensure that all athletes are given the opportunity to maximise their potential
- Able to motivate, lead and work well with a team
- Demonstrate sensitivity and respect for the needs of all involved with the club
- Support club activities that are undertaken
- Plan, deliver and evaluate training programmes for all squads
- To have an up to date knowledge of all the technical rules of swimming and share this with all team coaches
- Follow all policies and codes as required by the club
- Follow the Swim England Child Protection policy as set out in Wavepower and ensure it is promoted
- Develop a fun, positive and heathly working partnership with swimmers and their parents
- Plan a competition calendar and be responsible for team selection
An enhanced DBS check and references will form part of the suitability for the role.
This is a self-employed part-time position offering up to £7,000pa – commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications - as above but note advisable to check as Interviews on 15 September. Role to start week commencing 20 September.
Please send your CV and a letter outling why you would like to join the team and aspirations here.
Call the number below for any further details.
- Contact phone: 07545 306883