Code of Conduct
The principles in the NSW code below are also worthwhile.
- Don’t force unwilling children into playing.
- Remember it’s a game for the child’s enjoyment, not the parents.
- Stress playing to the rules at all times.
- Stress being honest at all times.
- Stress sportsmanship and skills improvement.
- Applaud good moves by your team and the opposition.
- Don’t publicly criticize any officials.
- Remove any form of verbal or physical abuse.
- Recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches.
- Encourage your child to write “thank you” letters to officials.
- Remember that positive comments are motivational.
- Do not harass players or officials.
- If you disagree with officials use the appropriate channels, not in public or via the press.
- Accept defeat with dignity.
- Value the contribution of the coach, even if you disagree.
- You may not cheer for the opposition necessarily but please don’t cheer against them.