Head Coach - England Talent Development Water Polo
|Closing Date||23 October 2009|
|Salary||FEE: £100 per day (plus relevant expenses)|
|Type of Contract||One Year Consultancy Contract - Number of days to be agreed|
2 X Level 1 Coach – Male & Female Teams – 95/96 Age Group
2 X Level 2 Coach – Male & Female Teams – 93/94 Age Group
The ASA are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated coaches to support the delivery of the England Talent National Programme.
To plan and deliver training for the England Talent National Squad on weekends, camps, overseas camp/competition. To play an active role in the selection of players onto National Squads and attend camps/competition.
Personal Specification - awaited
1. Produce in conjunction with Talent Development Officer a detailed training and competition framework for the Junior /Youth male /female England Talent Water Polo programme.
2. Be responsible for training the athletes in line with the British Water Polo’s Long Term Athlete Development framework.
3. Assist in the monitoring and evaluating of training and competition programmes.
4. Work closely with other National and Regional team staff members for a uniformed national programme through all age groups.
5. Assist and instruct other coaches in accordance with UKCC water polo coaching strands.
6. To develop and manage an athlete support services programme, including blood testing, filming, nutritional support, etc. and co-ordinate the accessing of support services for identified athletes, coaches and support staff
7. Active role in recruitment and development of coaching & support staff for the National Programme.
8. Contribute to appropriate Forums
9. Assisting in the setting and review of individual goals to be developed by coaches.
10. Support in the delivery of AASE educational clinics, pool and dry land workshops
11. Any other duties, consistent with the role, required by the Head of Talent Development.
12. To comply with all policies set down by the Organisation and in particular policies relating to equity and diversity.
13. To maximise the opportunities to positively promote the ASA swimming programme to the wider community.
The applicant will be expected to undertake the following duties: -
1. Attend all programmed training camps and competitions as agreed as necessary.
2. Support the Talent Development Officer in the implementation of LTAD and the ‘National Pathway’
3. Assist in the other England Talent Water Polo programme as and when required.
4. Provide a comprehensive report six monthly on the progress of the England Talent National Programme to the England Talent Development Manager.
5. Act as a Mentor towards Coach Apprentice Scheme
The successful applicant should comply with the entire Organisation’s policies and procedures in particular those related to equality, diversity and health and safety.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV giving full details of all coaching experience, together with photocopies of all relevant qualifications and a copy of a current CRB disclosure form to: The HR Department, The ASA, 39 Granby Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire. LE11 3DU.
Closing date: Friday 23 October 2009 at 12 noon