Swim England Registration
ASA South West Region Championships June 2009 (Photo Credit: Steve Gallagher 01202 421743)
Download clarification of category of Swim England membership required for entry into competitions (broken down by discipline), effective 1 Jan 2018.
Swim England Category One members may take part in Competitions providing that:
- All players in the competition are under 16 years of age as at 31 December in the year of competition.
- The competition is not a Regional or National event
In order to compete at the age of 16 years and over as at 31 December in the year of competition and at any age in Regional and National events members must be fully paid up Swim England Category Two members.
Swim England Category One members may take part in the following events:
1 Club events providing:
- The competitors are all members of the club promoting the event.
2 Inter-club competitions providing :
- The event does not include more than eight clubs.
- The participating clubs must be invited by the promoter to take part in the event.
- The promoter has supplied the conditions for the event.
- The whole event takes place in one pool on one occasion and does not form a series of events, the results of which are aggregated or considered together to decide the eventual winner
3 Closed county events providing:
- The event is open to members of clubs affiliated to a single county or to members of clubs affiliated to a group of two or three adjacent counties.
In order to compete in all other Swim England / British Swimming Masters events, including open meets, Regional events and National events members must be fully paid up Swim England Category Two members.